Simrad 3G Broadband Radar Dome f/NSE, NSO & NSS Series w/20M Cable [000-10420-001]
Broadband 3G™ Radar with 20M Cable
Faster, better, longer...
Join the Broadband Radar™ revolution for superior short-range target detection and unrivalled target separation.
- Crystal Clear Images
- Zero Radiation Hazard
- Low Power Consumption
- Mount Anywhere
- Quick Installation
- Unrivalled Short-Range Performance
- 10 MARPA Targets
Now with 30% more range
Broadband 3G™ Radar allows you to see more targets farther away from your boat. Now you get the same impressive short-range capabilities of the original Broadband Radar™ with the addition of exposing targets previously unseen before.
Unparalleled Short Range Target Discrimination - Where it Matters Most
Simrad Yachting's Broadband Radar™ provides amazing target resolution, even at an unprecedented 1/32 nm range. Docks, channel markers, moored vessels and other critical targets are displayed with clarity and separation, for added confi dence in close quarters. Broadband Radar™ technology also eliminates the "main bang" of a pulse radar - the obscured "dead zone" immediately around the vessel - which interferes with close target detection.
Lowest RF Transmission for Safe, Flexible Installation
Because Simrad Broadband Radar™ transmits at 1/10,000 the power of typical pulse radars (emitting 5 times less energy than an average cell phone), the radome is safe to mount in locations never before possible. In addition, the lowest DC power draw of any X-band marine radar makes this system ideally suited for sailboats and other vessels with limited power.
Navigation in an Instant
No more waiting 2-3 minutes for a magnetron to warm up - 100% solid-state design provides InstantOn™ capability. When darkness falls or the fog rolls in, you will always be ready. Ideal for sailboats wishing to save power, or boats at anchor not wishing to run the radar continuously.
- Antenna Beam Width Horizontal 5.2°+/-10% (-3dB width)°
- Antenna Beam Width Vertical 25°+/-20% (-3dB width)°
- Antenna Receiver Noise Figure 6 dB
- Antenna Rotation Speed 24/36 rpm +/- 10% RPMs
- Radar Warm Up Time 0 min
- Radar Wind Resistance 51 m/sec (Max:100 Knots)
- Transmitter Frequency X-band - 9.3 to 9.4Ghz
- Transmitter Power Output 165mW nominal
- Data I/O Protocol High Speed Ethernet
TECHNICAL / ENVIRONMENTAL
- Mounting Bolts: 4x30xM8 - 304 stainless steel
- Waterproof Standard IPX6
- Height 280 mm \ 11 in
- Diameter 488 mm \ 19.2 in
- Weight 7.4 kg \ 16.31 lbs
- Humidity +35°C (95xF) 95% RH
- Power Supply 9V to 31.2Vdc (12/24 Volt systems) Reverse polarity protection vDC
- Power Consumption 18W (Typ.) @ 13.8Vdc
- Power Consumption Standby 2W (Typ.) @ 13.8Vdc - only 150ma
- Compliance CE, FCC (ID: RAY3G4G), IC: 4697A-3G4G
- Interconnection Cable 20M (66ft) standard with RJ45 thin custom (Max 30m)
- Interface Heading SimNet or NMEA 0183 with cable kit into display
- Operating Temperature -25° to +55°C (-13° to +130°F)
- Array Size (Inches): 11 x 19.2
- Box Dimensions: 14"H x 22"W x 24"L WT: 32.15 lbs
- UPC: 9420024111000
Owner's Manual (pdf)